The New Volkswagen Passat
This is the 2020 Volkswagen Passat. Our biggest sedan made for Kansas City families. It is more distinctive outside with a new body shape, new grille, a sharper set of taillights, and a sleeker roofline.
You can still step inside with room for five adults sitting comfortably for around town and across the country. In fact, the Passat still has the most rear seat room of any midsize sedan sold in America. Plus, expect the 2020 Passat to continue to have the largest trunk in its class — big enough for a family of four to get away for a long weekend.
The dashboard gets an upgrade with a new glass-enclosed screen for the MIB II Composition Media infotainment system. Every Passat comes with Car-Net. This is the Volkswagen connected car services suite that assists when the vehicle is involved in an accident, is stolen, or for any other emergencies and services as needed — anytime, every day.
A 2.0-liter TSI turbocharged four-cylinder powers the Passat. With 174 horsepower and 207 pound-feet of torque, the Passat is designed for maximum fun on the highway. It is also designed for improved fuel economy. All Passat models will have the six-speed Tiptronic automatic transmission with front-wheel drive.
The Passat has always been a safe car to own. For 2020, Volkswagen continues to make improvements to ensure that every Passat is built safe to protect what’s inside. It starts with an advanced safety cage, locks, and a crash-optimized front end protects everyone from any collision the Passat might encounter. Every Passat gets anti-lock brakes with electronic brake pressure distribution, airbags all around and an Intelligent Crash Response System.
Plus, every Passat will be equipped standard with the Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking (Front Assist), now with Pedestrian Monitoring, as well as Blind Spot Monitor, and Rear Traffic Alert. Available driver-assistance features include: Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC); Lane Keeping Assist (Lane Assist), which can actively help the driver steer the car back into its lane should the vehicle start drifting into another lane without using the turn signal; and Parking Steering Assistant (Park Assist) including Park Distance Control. In addition, Passat offers a combination of both passive and active safety systems including the Automatic Post-Collision Braking System
The 2020 Passat is now here, available in four trim levels – S, SE, R-Line, and SEL. Each trim level features more standard and available equipment than in the current model. Pricing starts from $22,995.
See the new Passat at Bud Brown Volkswagen. Come in for a test drive and take one home today! You will be convinced this is the right family sedan for Kansas City!
Prices exclude $920 Destination Charge
S – $22,995
- 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
- LED headlights
- Daytime Running Lights (DRLs), and taillights
- Automatic headlights
- Multi-function steering wheel
- Cloth seats
- Manual climate control
- Composition Media infotainment system with 6.3-inch glass-covered touchscreen, App-Connect, SiriusXM® satellite radio (three-month trial subscription included), Voice Control, 2 USB-A ports, and Bluetooth® connectivity for compatible devices
- Rearview camera
- Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Monitoring (Front Assist)
- Blind Spot Monitor
- Rear Traffic Alert.
SE – $25,845
- Chrome window surrounds
- KESSY® keyless access with push-button start
- Remote start
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Power driver’s seat
- Leatherette seating surface
- Heated front seats
- Climatronic® dual-zone automatic climate control
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Two additional USB-A ports in the rear (charge only)
- Next-generation Volkswagen Car-Net® with WiFi capability when you subscribe to a data plan (late availability)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Lane Keeping System (Lane Assist).
R-Line – $28,645
- Alarm system
- Ambient lighting
- Stainless-steel pedal caps
- 19-inch wheels
- R-Line® front bumper with C-signature air intakes in gloss black
- Vertical chrome stripes in grille
- R-line flitzer badge
- Black window surrounds
- Rear diffuser
- Chrome exhaust pipes
- Stainless-steel door sills
- Steering-wheel shift paddles
SEL – $31,095
- 18-inch wheels
- Advanced Front-lighting System (AFS)
- High Beam Control (Light Assist)
- Stainless-steel door sills
- Comfort Sport seats with leather seating surfaces
- Driver’s seat and exterior mirror memory
- Power passenger seat
- Heated rear seats
- Discover Media infotainment system with 6.3-inch glass-covered touchscreen and navigation
- Fender® Premium Audio system
- Easy Open trunk
- Parking Steering Assistant (Park Assist) including Park Distance Control.